How to Create Engaging Content and Earn Bonus Points
The new year will be here before you know it and we’re here to help our wonderful Influencers learn more about earning those coveted bonus points just for creating top-notch content in the community!
The Toluna Team scours the community every single day for the absolute best posts that really get our brains thinking! When we see this super awesome content, we give you some bonus points. Who doesn’t like earning extra points just for having an interesting conversation?
I know you may be wondering… what exactly constitutes as engaging content? We are here to give you some top tips!
How to Create Engaging Content:
- Content should be thought-provoking and induce a conversation among one another. Is it a trending news topic? Is it a life long mystery of the world? If it is a question that makes you really think – then post it!
- It must be a Poll or Topic. As much as we love our Thumbs and Battles, we will no longer be giving bonus points to that type of content. We want to know your thoughts so we will only be rewarding content that includes a written response.
- Include a picture or video in your post to make it look more appealing. That “wow” factor can go a long way from pushing your content from the “recent” to “popular” section of our site.
If your content meets these requirements, we’ll give it a “rank up” meaning it will appear in the popular stream, and you will also receive bonus points for this. It can be anywhere from 100-1000 points. You will also receive a written notification on your wall like the one below letting you know that you received this bonus.
We also are looking for fantastic OPINIONS left on other’s topics. Yep, you read that correctly…. you can even earn bonus points for leaving a thoughtful response to someone else’s question.
Are you ready to see some examples of posts we think knocked it out of the park?
We hope this helps when you are creating your next piece of content on the site or on the mobile app! We look forward to seeing what you create in the community.
See you soon on the site!
The Toluna Team
Tutorial: What are Gifties and how to use them
Many of you do not seem to know about our Gifties program and how it works. Here is a short tutorial to help you understand it better.
o What are Gifties?
o How do Gifties work?
o Where can I find the members who have won Gifties?
Thanks for watching!
The Toluna Team
Toluna; A Beginners Webinar
Toluna usually holds a live webinar every couple of months for our new members to show them the ins and outs of Toluna.com
We recently recorded our latest webinar so everyone can view this information at their own time and pace.
Please note, this was originally a live webinar. Since we have recorded this and are adding it to our blog, we will not be answering questions at the end of the webinar. If you have any further questions, please feel free to use the “contact” form at the bottom of Toluna.com and someone will be able to assist you.
Please see below some of the questions brought up during our previous webinar.
Are the contests the same on every site?
No, certain contests are for specific social media outlets or only for the Toluna site. Follow each of our accounts to enter all of the contests.
How do I clear my notifications?
Unfortunately, this is something we are still working on. We are aware of this issue and are working as quickly as possible to fix it.
What does one do when another Toluna member post a very rude remark to your content?
Please contact us at email@example.com or the “Contact Us” form at the bottom of the page with the link to the content and the member’s username.
How long will it take to receive a check?
Once you request a check it can take up to 6-8 weeks to process. For faster payments, try our Paypal option.
Is there a minimum age to be a member?
Yes, 14 years old.
Do you offer a referral program?
Yes, you can invite your friends to join Toluna by going to ” My Account” and under “Sharing Preferences” you can send them emails to join. You will earn 500 points for every friend who registers an account.
Is there an instruction manual or PDF available for constant reference?
You can view all of this information in our FAQ section or view our tutorials on our blog.
Is there a max amount of points we can earn per day?
No, there is no maximum amount of points you can earn per day. Please be aware that points do expire though. See question below.
Did you say that points can expire?
Yes, points expire one year, on the 28th day, after they are earned. For example: if you earn 1000 points August 10, 2016, they will expire on August 28, 2017.
Is there a way not to have me fill in a lot of information only to find out I’m “not the correct demographic?
This is because some surveys are looking for a very specific group of people who meet a very narrow set of demographic criteria. Sometimes, determining whether someone qualifies for a survey takes just a few questions, other times it may take more questions. Please know we appreciate your participation and that even when you don’t qualify, your participation helps contribute to the success of the study.
Are we allowed to change our profile name?
Yes, you can change your username only once after registration. Go to your account settings.
Can we still access our account if we are traveling?
You can still go into the community but since your IP address will be different then where you registered, it may bring up red flags in our system and not allow you to participate in surveys.
Will you have test products in Canada?
We are still working on this. Right now, we still don’t have a firm answer.
What do I do if I have technical problems?
Please email your account information, Survey ID, and any valid screen shots along with your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org or the “Contact Us” form at the bottom of the page.
Tutorial – How to redeem & use rewards
On Toluna, you can earn points by answering surveys, voting on polls and creating content (500-1000 points). Once you have amassed a sufficient amount of points you can exchange them for some cool rewards.
You are not sure how to redeem rewards? Please take a few minutes to watch this short tutorial where we will address the following:
1) Where do I find Toluna rewards
2) How do I redeem Toluna rewards?
3) How do I make sure that my rewards get correctly delivered to my address?
4) Once a reward is processed how do I use it?
Thanks for watching!
The Toluna Team
Tutorial – Tips to help you qualify for more surveys
We would like to take a few minutes to give you more insight into how to qualify for more surveys.
Tips to help you qualify for more surveys
- Where can I find Toluna surveys to give my opinion?
- Why do you ask so many questions in the beginning of a survey?
- Why do I sometimes not qualify?
- How do I raise my chances of qualifying for more surveys
Toluna Tutorial: How and when to contact Toluna
It’s usually easy to use Toluna but if you encounter issues, there are a few dedicated teams who take care of different issues who would be happy to help.
Your issue will be resolved faster if you go through the appropriate channels.
• The FAQs are a good source of information.
• Where can I learn more about the Toluna community (surveys, points, rewards and sweepstakes)?
• What do I do if you can’t register or sign in to Toluna?
• Who do I contact if I have a problem with rewards on the site or a problem with a survey?
• How do I check and follow up on my open support cases?
• What do I do if I encounter an issue on the site with content or contests?
Please don’t hesitate to leave your feedback in the comments and to share ideas on what you think the next tutorial should be about.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The Toluna Team
Video Tutorial – How does Toluna use the data we collect?
We would like to take a few minutes to give you more insight into our business model and how we generally use the data we collect.
• What is Toluna’s business?
• Who are Toluna’s clients? What do they want?
• Why does Toluna ask for personal information such as name and address?
• Why does Toluna ask so many questions in surveys?
• Why does Toluna keep asking the same questions in almost every survey?
• How does Toluna use the data we collect?
• What happens to my answers when I don’t qualify for a survey?
Toluna Tutorials – Summary
The Toluna community offers our millions of members a chance to express their opinions.
Over the past few months, we’ve created a few interactive videos to help you make the most out of your experience with Toluna.
Please find a list of all video tutorials we have done so far:
1. How to create content on Toluna.com
2. How to access the points and rewards page on Toluna.com
3. Tips on how to earn more points on Toluna.com
4. How to enjoy the Toluna experience
5. Toluna Facts every member should know
6. How does Toluna use the date we collect
7. How and when to contact Toluna
8. Tips to help you qualify for more surveys
Toluna Facts Every Member Should Know
The helpdesk team often receives the same questions by email.
Let’s take the time to answer the most common inquiries:
- Why do I never qualify for surveys?
- How much time does it take to receive points after qualifying for surveys
- Do points expire? If yes, after how long?*
- How long does it take to receive the reward I ordered?
-The Toluna Team
Tutorial – How to create content on Toluna
The Toluna community offers our members a chance to create their own content and get feedback from our millions of members. Our content creation platform allows our members to create Polls, Topics, Thumb Its and Battles by clicking on the content type you would like to create.
You can earn 100, 500 or 1000 points for each piece of content you create.
Once you have mastered how to create content, click here to learn how you can earn points for your creations.
To create content, simply follow one of these 2 steps:
- Simply click on the button on the top right corner of the page… or
- On the homepage, click in the “Ask something” section to open the create widget and start creating
What is the definition of each content type?
A Poll is a single question with multiple options.
- Do you think global warming is a short term threat or a long term threat?
- Short term threat
- Long term threat
- Both short and long term threats
- Neither – not a threat to mankind
- Not sure
A Topic is an open debate where users share their opinion to create an open discussion.
Topics are generally made by asking a question in the subject line and then adding a few more words of explanation or follow up questions in the “your own opinion” section.
- Your question: Are social media sites bringing people closer together, or are they poor substitutes for real life relationships?
- Your opinion: I think social media sites bring people closer together if it’s also accompanied by social outings and real contact. What do you think?
A Battle allows you to compare 2 items so the community can help you chose. Compare 2 images or videos and find out with one the community prefers.
- DVDs or online streaming?
Create a Thumb it, if you want to know how the community feels about a specific item or subject, simply add an image or a video and see what they say.
- Smoothie based diets?
Don’t forget to add images and videos to your content to make them more appealing.
To add an image or a video simply click the camera icon, or video camera iconand upload your own photos, or use our search tool. Click here for a complete tutorial on how to add images/videos.
*Quick Tip* Content that include a photo or video tend to be more interesting to members than ones that do not include this feature. In fact, our Toluna Team members may even send you some bonus points.
Adding a category
Toluna requires that you choose a category for your content. Scroll over the icons to see what each icon represents. If you are not sure where to categorize your content, you can always click the globe representing “other.”
Where can I find the content I created?
Once your topic, poll, thumb it or battle is launched, you can keep an eye on the results by going to your profile page, or by going to your “Content page” in the dropdown menu under your profile picture.
Thanks for reading a bit about Toluna, and we look forward to bringing you more information in the future.
You have more questions you would like to know the answers to? Feel free to leave them here.
The Toluna Team