The new year will be here before you know it and we’re here to help our wonderful Influencers learn more about earning those coveted bonus points just for creating top-notch content in the community!
The Toluna Team scours the community every single day for the absolute best posts that really get our brains thinking! When we see this super awesome content, we give you some bonus points. Who doesn’t like earning extra points just for having an interesting conversation?
I know you may be wondering… what exactly constitutes as engaging content? We are here to give you some top tips!
How to Create Engaging Content:
- Content should be thought-provoking and induce a conversation among one another. Is it a trending news topic? Is it a life long mystery of the world? If it is a question that makes you really think – then post it!
- It must be a Poll or Topic. As much as we love our Thumbs and Battles, we will no longer be giving bonus points to that type of content. We want to know your thoughts so we will only be rewarding content that includes a written response.
- Include a picture or video in your post to make it look more appealing. That “wow” factor can go a long way from pushing your content from the “recent” to “popular” section of our site.
If your content meets these requirements, we’ll give it a “rank up” meaning it will appear in the popular stream, and you will also receive bonus points for this. It can be anywhere from 100-1000 points. You will also receive a written notification on your wall like the one below letting you know that you received this bonus.
We also are looking for fantastic OPINIONS left on other’s topics. Yep, you read that correctly…. you can even earn bonus points for leaving a thoughtful response to someone else’s question.
Are you ready to see some examples of posts we think knocked it out of the park?
We hope this helps when you are creating your next piece of content on the site or on the mobile app! We look forward to seeing what you create in the community.
See you soon on the site!
The Toluna Team
The Toluna community offers our members a chance to create their own content and get feedback from our millions of members. Our content creation platform allows our members to create Polls, Topics, Thumb Its and Battles by clicking on the content type you would like to create.
You can earn 100, 500 or 1000 points for each piece of content you create.
Once you have mastered how to create content, click here to learn how you can earn points for your creations.
To create content, simply follow one of these 2 steps:
- Simply click on the button on the top right corner of the page… or
- On the homepage, click in the “Ask something” section to open the create widget and start creating
What is the definition of each content type?
A Poll is a single question with multiple options.
- Do you think global warming is a short term threat or a long term threat?
- Short term threat
- Long term threat
- Both short and long term threats
- Neither – not a threat to mankind
- Not sure
A Topic is an open debate where users share their opinion to create an open discussion.
Topics are generally made by asking a question in the subject line and then adding a few more words of explanation or follow up questions in the “your own opinion” section.
- Your question: Are social media sites bringing people closer together, or are they poor substitutes for real life relationships?
- Your opinion: I think social media sites bring people closer together if it’s also accompanied by social outings and real contact. What do you think?
A Battle allows you to compare 2 items so the community can help you chose. Compare 2 images or videos and find out with one the community prefers.
- DVDs or online streaming?
Create a Thumb it, if you want to know how the community feels about a specific item or subject, simply add an image or a video and see what they say.
- Smoothie based diets?
Don’t forget to add images and videos to your content to make them more appealing.
To add an image or a video simply click the camera icon, or video camera iconand upload your own photos, or use our search tool. Click here for a complete tutorial on how to add images/videos.
*Quick Tip* Content that include a photo or video tend to be more interesting to members than ones that do not include this feature. In fact, our Toluna Team members may even send you some bonus points.
Adding a category
Toluna requires that you choose a category for your content. Scroll over the icons to see what each icon represents. If you are not sure where to categorize your content, you can always click the globe representing “other.”
Where can I find the content I created?
Once your topic, poll, thumb it or battle is launched, you can keep an eye on the results by going to your profile page, or by going to your “Content page” in the dropdown menu under your profile picture.
Thanks for reading a bit about Toluna, and we look forward to bringing you more information in the future.
You have more questions you would like to know the answers to? Feel free to leave them here.
The Toluna Team