We’ve got some food for thought bites for you and we figured why not relate it to the Daily Theme this week. Let’s talk Shopping- Black Friday is almost here isn’t it. Our collective wallets are going to start yelling out for help, hehe!
So tell us what do you think about the following 4 statements:
- It’s entirely possible to take care of many of your style and comfort needs with a trip to a local thrift shop and a little ingenuity. Living well does not require excessive consumerism.
- Know where and how things are made before you spend your hard-earned money on them. This doesn’t reward impulse shopping–it rewards homework and mindful decision-making.
- Be willing to pay more for something well-made that will last longer. Your cost per wearing is far lower than if you buy cheap crap that wears out quickly, and that extra cost most likely also represents a living wage for the person who made your purchase and better quality materials that will hold up to repeated wearings.
- If you buy something you don’t think looks absolutely great on you, down the road you’ll pass over it every time you go to the closet. Save your money for the cute stuff and the classics. Since you’ll wear them more, you want good quality, and if you buy fewer things you can afford better ones; see bullet point above.
Participate in this weeks Daily Theme and share with us your thoughts and opinions on any of the four statements or anything else related to Shopping!
Here’s how this will work:
– Create a topic or a poll, with the title “Shopping”
– Add your thoughts on the matter
– You must include a photo or video in your content
– You will receive a bonus on your content for 1000 points.
*This contest will be open until November 13th, 2017 at 8 AM EST.
See you soon,
*Promotion rules: Only one topic per person will be rewarded. The topic must have the title as given by the Daily Theme Contest post, and must be created within the time frame. Open to US and Canada only. Members will earn a 1000-point rank up bonus or direct credit to their account. Points will be awarded to winners within 24-72 hours after contest close. Posts must not contain any language that is obscene, insulting, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, untrue, misleading or invasive of someone else’s privacy. Toluna reserves the right to review all posts for content, and withhold bonus points from any user violating the rules mentioned above