Thank you to everyone that participated in Week 3 of our December Trivia Contest. Over the past, week we posted a new question each day for you to answer. We received an overwhelming response, with more than 300 participants daily!
Here are the answers for Week 3:
- Japanese people traditionally eat at what famous fast food chain for Christmas dinner? This place is so popular that customers must place their Christmas orders 2 months in advance. KFC
- The term “____” comes from a Norse tradition of cutting and burning a tree to bring in the Winter Solstice. Yuletide
- Typically, Christmas trees grow ___ years before they are sold. 15 years
- The tallest Christmas tree was a ____ foot Douglas Fir displayed at the Northgate Shopping Center in Seattle, WA in 1950. 221ft
- The largest gingerbread man in the world weighed in at a whopping ___ pounds __ ounces. 1,435 lb 3 oz
We will be rewarding the Week 3 Bonuses by the end of the day today. Thank you to everyone who participated, and we look forward to the next trivia contest!
The Toluna Team
Thank you to everyone that participated in our Twitter #TolunaTree Contest. We received beautiful pictures of decorated Christmas trees from around the world.
We are happy to announce that in our random selection, the winners are:
Grand Prize – @mcculloch29 – 75,000 points
First Prize – @gbusca – 45,000 points
Second Prize –@superrkazz – 30,000
Third Prize – @sarahwolstow – 15,000 points
Feel free to tweet them a “Congrats”. We really enjoyed your pictures and hope that you had fun as well. Thanks again to everyone for participating. Stay tuned for our next contest. To be notified about our contests, be sure to follow our Toluna Team profile, or make check us out on the following sites:
See you soon,
The Toluna Team
We at Toluna are joining you in the festive spirit with the launch of the #TolunaTree contest. This Twitter-exclusive contest will give you the chance to win some extra points this holiday season and we’re giving away a total of 165,000! Read on for details:
Starting today (December 10th) you have the chance to compete and win the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: 75,000 points
- First Prize: 45,000 points
- Second Prize: 30,000 points
- Third Prize: 15,000 points
It’s quite simple, to qualify*:
- Follow us on Twitter @Toluna
- Send us a tweet with a picture of your beautifully decorated Christmas tree.
- Include your Toluna username in the picture.
- Attach the hashtag #TolunaTree.
Remember to be creative, colorful and original. We look forward to seeing your #TolunaTrees, so start tweeting today. Who knows, we might even tweet you back something festive!
The Toluna Team
*Promotion Rules: Open to United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Ireland residents, age 13 and over, who are active members of Toluna. Participants must meet all criteria specified and send us a picture via twitter. The post must be created between Tuesday December 10,2013 12:00 AM EST and December 26, 2013. Entries are only valid if there is a picture included. Winners will be picked at random and also based on the quality of the post: 75,000 points will be issued as Grand Prize, 1st prize will receive 45,000 points, 2nd prize 30,000 points and 3rd prize 10,000 points. Points will be uploaded directly to user’s accounts no later than January 1, 2014. The tweet and picture must adhere to the Toluna Member Code of Conduct , and also be coherent and not contain random strings of letters, numbers or characters. Posts must not contain any language that is obscene, insulting, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, untrue, misleading or invasive of someone else’s privacy. Toluna reserves the right to review all posts for content, and withhold bonus points from any user violating the rules mentioned above. Inappropriate posts will be removed, and the user’s account may be subject to closure for violating theToluna Member Code of Conduct.