February 2015 Webinar Q&A
Good afternoon members,
Thank you to those members who attended our webinar on Wednesday, February 18th. As promised, I have answered all of your questions here. If you missed this one, don’t worry! We’re holding another on March 25th. Register here and earn 750 points for your attendance.
- Should I contact the Tech Dept. if I have questions regarding a mobile problem with the mobile app?
- Yes, you can always contact us at email@example.com or at the contact form at the bottom of Toluna.com
- Why won’t Toluna let me vote on Quick votes USA? I was born in the usa!
- There may not be any QuickVotes available at this time, or you may be experiencing a compatibility issue with your internet browser. Please feel free to contact our help desk and provide screenshots if necessary so we can help correct the issue for you.
- I prefer using my iPad, but the surveys and Toluna content seems tailored to a desktop or laptop. It there any thought about changing this?
- We are working to further optimize the Toluna website to be viewed on a tablet or mobile device, however, we recommend downloading our app, available in the App store and Google Play store to get the most out of Toluna from your devices.
- I have lost a lot of points over the past two years – the first I didn’t know. I check at least monthly the points section and never saw the points to be lost and then one day, they were gone. Any advice?
- We advise you to check either bi-weekly, or weekly to see if you have a notification in your points section to let you know of points that are expiring. They will show up 2-3 weeks before expiration.
Content & Social Media
- Can you explain more about the Battles?
- Click here to learn more about battles, topics, polls, and thumb its.
- Do we get points for participating in other people’s [content]?
- We currently do not offer points for members to participate in other member’s content, but you do receive points for participating in Toluna Sponsored content.
- What is the monitor bonus for?Also how can you tell if your content has been ranked up? Thank you
- For more on content bonuses, read our blog post here. Content bonuses can be found in the “points” section on Toluna.com, and are labeled as “Bonus for content.”
- Can you show the links again please?
- “BLOG: Usblog.toluna.com
GOOGLE PLUS: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+toluna/posts”
- “BLOG: Usblog.toluna.com
- Where would I find the anagram and recipe contests?
- Follow the social media links provided above, and at the bottom of all Toluna pages to follow us, and participate in our exclusive contests and puzzles.
- How do you enter contests on instagram or twitter google+ if your user name is different?
- Contests on our social media pages require you to place your username in the comments section, along with your answer so that we can reward you.
Rewards & Gifties
- How can you redeem points for checks?
- Checks are available to US members in the Rewards Center. Currently, you need a balance of 75,000 points to request a $25 check. At this time, we do not offer check payments in Canada.
- How do you find out if you are a winner. Do we check the winners section below the rewards or do you also email the winners as well?
- All winners for Gifties and Sweepstakes are notified via email. If you win a contest, such as Member of the Week, you can find this out by visiting our blog and by checking your notifications (the globe icon) when you login.
- What’s the minimum points I should have before I can receive rewards?
- Rewards are available for as little as 100 points for Gifties, up to 150,000 points for different gift cards. Visit the Rewards Center to view all of the possible rewards, listed from least to most expensive.
- Will you be offering a wider variety of gift cards for redemption? The selection is somewhat limited.
- We are always working on adding new rewards to our current selection. Currently, we have over 30 options available in the US, and just added GameStop and Hulu Plus this month. For our Canadian members, growth has been a little slow, but happily, we’ve just begun working with a new vendor, and will be adding many new brands in the coming months!
- How do the Gifties work? I thought they were items that you can actually purchase
- Gifties acts as a lottery or raffle, wherein you redeem a small number of points for the chance to win a real item. Winners are chosen at random by a computer algorithm, and odds of winning vary based on the total number of entries received. While we cannot provide exact odds of winning, we can say that while some members have not won yet, others have won 2, 3 or even 4 times! On average, we have between 30 – 50 winners from the US and Canada every month, you can view all of our Gifties and Sweepstakes winners by scrolling to the bottom of the Rewards Center.
- How long does a Giftie stay available? I am trying to save for a large point option and hope that it doesn’t get removed before I earn enough points.
- Some Gifites are available for a year or more; our holiday Gifites are usually available for 2-3 weeks at a time. We always announce limited edition and holiday Gifties on our blog. In addtion, if we are removing certain Gifties products from our site, we will notify you on our blog as well.
- I am very seldom selected for surveys. Is there any way to increase my chances of getting selected?
- If you complete all of your “profile surveys’ that will help us to better match you to available opportunities. Please visit this link to fill out your Profile Surveys: https://us.toluna.com/interestsurveys
- Why are most invitations to surveys only displayed on Toluna’s website and not sent by e-mail?
- Quite simply, we have too many surveys available to be able to send emailed invitations to each one. We will always email you opportunities that seem to be a good fit for you, but we always recommend logging in to your account to see everything that’s available.
- How are the users selected who get to test products?
- Product testers are chosen based on certain demographic requirements that are set up at the start of the test, which is why you are asked to fill in a short questionairre when registering. For example: Women are most likely to be chosen for make-up tests, while for other tests, we may need testers that live in a particular state or region.
- How do you know when we are here and when will we be credited
- The webinar software will let me know which registrants have attended. You have already filled out a quick questionairre when you registered with your email and username so I will take those and credit the attendees.
- How many current members and how many different countries?
- Toluna currently has communities open in 39 countries globally, and our member base includes over 5 million active members, and is growing every day!
Will there be any more webinars?
Yes, we will be holding this same webinar on March 25th, 2pm EST. Register here and earn 750 points for your attendance!
More information and Q&A blogs from past webinar session: